Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hospital Boy

I just wanted to let everyone know that Dallin is in the hospital. Jeff took him to the ER Monday night at 9:00. We were afraid that the really really bad rashy stuff on his arm might possably be shingles or chicken pox after all. But it turns out, it isn't. He's still there as of right now and might have to stay the night again. They think it might be some kind of herpes virus that attacks weak places on the skin like his warts. They've run a whole bunch of tests and we havn't got any results yet. It scares me because the doctor once mentioned to me that any kind of herpes, including cold sores are a very dangerous thing for him to get.
As for Dallin's spirits, when I talked to him last he was watching Monsters Inc. and ordering anything and everything he wanted from the cafeteria including lots and lots of his favorite fruits. He told me he was going to have pancakes for lunch. Yum! He's a little trooper and hopefully he will be back home very soon.
By the way, Antimony was really fun! To any of you who are wondering if he was contagious, I am going to find out and let you know.

3 comments:

The Five Reids said...

I'm calling you right now. I hope he is ok.

Keri said...

Oh Rach!! I am so sorry! Let me know if there is anything we can do! Poor little guy! Keep us posted on the latest.

Angie and Dallas said...

Oh Rachel! I feel terrible about this! Cant the little guy catch a break!!! I hope he is ok! I love you guys. I will call you!