Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Busted

So, there I was....... coming back in to my neighborhood from pickin Syd up from a friends house. And there was a cop parked at the top of my street. I said to myself, "Please dont see me, Please don't see me, please don't see me." As I got almost to my Mother in laws house, I looked into the mirror and yep, He'd seen me. He was tearing down my neighborhood road like he was after someone on a high speed chase. He had his lights on too, so I pulled over my old minivan right in front of Kathy's house. I got out of the car and he said," maam please get back inside your vehicle." Then he said "do you know why I pulled you over?" I told him I was aware that my registration had expired and that is why we never drive this car. I explained to him that I was on my way to pick up my son so that we could all go to get the windsheild fixed so we could get the car inspected and registered. He must have thought my story was amusing. He had a smurk on his face. He went back to his car while I waved at all my neighbors as they drove or walked by or just watched from their porches. He had no mercy on me for my good intentions. But I have a question, How am I supposed to get my car registered if I cant drive it to get it registered? Go figure. Anyway, I guess I'm a big time criminal!

15 comments:

Keri said...

That is HILARIOUS! I hate getting busted!!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Its a double-edged sword,isn't it? We tend to push the registration thing too far most of the time, too. It's exciting living on the edge.

Becky A said...

I've been there, too. What can you do?

Bryce and Jamie said...

What a funny story about getting pulled over! I hope Dallin gets better soon. Keep us updated!

Kim said...

Oh, Rachel!
That stinks! I'm so glad to see you in the blogg'in world! How's Dallin? Is he home yet?

And yes, I am doing my visiting teaching through your blog! Ha! Ha!
Love Ya!

Kim said...

Oh , I forgot to tell you! I love your music choices on your blog! We have the same taste in music!
Sisters in Zion for sure! Rock on!
Ha! Ha!

Bryce and Jamie said...

Casie and I are going to throw Ashleigh (Dallas' fiance) a bridal shower next saturday and I need to get your address. Will you email me @ jamienelson2007@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Angie said...

Can you believe I remembered the your blog address on my own? Promise I didn't cheat! How fun was the ice cream party? I think Kent and Diana should do that once a week. Sorry about the ticket. We've been there too!

Jeni said...

Oh Rachel...I am so sorry. I would be so mad...did you say a bad word or two? Just kidding...don't answer that!

allieB said...

As for the horseshoe game, i cant remember exactly what day, but it was over behind the house across the street, and im sure you were just too busy numbing your bum!! Next time we will have a Horseshoe tournament!!!

Jenny Lee said...

Rachel - Hi! I found your blog. It was good to catch up with your life. I wish I still lived across the street to have witnessed your bust! I hope all is going well for you. I miss all you fun girls in South Weber. Visit my blog - theleecrew-jenny.blogspot

Kim said...

Rachel,
When are you going to update this thing? Every time I look I think your in trouble still! BUSTED! LOL

The Five Reids said...

Rachel you need to look at chelseas blog and read the blogs about the babies that have died of blogs that she read so sad.

Ellie McFreaken said...

Okay, I swear I left a message and it is no where to be found!
I am so glad to find your blog my friend.....can I call you that after I totally spaced your last name?
You know I love ya Rachel.....I miss preschool because I don't see you guys. I am excited to keep in touch through blogging.You know since we all live SO far away from each other.....
You are inspirational to me Rachel and Dallin is one strong little boy with a purpose. I hope all is o.k. over there.
I am with Kim love the music choices on your blog!

Angela said...

I came upon your blog on Kim's. There were a few "Rachels" so I had to read awhile to see who you were. ha ha I've banned blogging for awhile because I feel it takes too much of my precious time. But now that I have some things I want to blog for my distant family, I decided i want to change the look of my blog. I love yours! where do you get the backgrounds? Instead of bloggin me...lets talk face to face to figure this out.
And do our visiting teaching...I won't cheat the way Kim is. ha ha