Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our big decision

If you were to have asked me 15, 10, 5, or even 1 year ago to describe the way I envision my life, I would never never never have descried to you my reality. And that is what makes life such a grand adventure. There have been scary things like Dallin's heart defect and everything that it meant for him and us. Heart Transplant was a very scary thing that happened in random "other people's' lives. Watching my too small baby die was a horrible nightmare that happens to poor other people and I knew there was no way I could handle something like that. There have also been some very very unexpected and joyful experiences that have both happened on their very own and as a result of going through hardships.
And now, out of the blue, the path that I have been prompted to go down right now is one I also never envisioned for myself. Adoption. Jeff and I are getting ready to put our papers in tomorrow. The process may go pretty fast because we are adopting an African American boy and they come fast. I am so excited. I am also nervous because I know that this, like other things, will require me to really think about how to handle future situations. But for right now, I am just full of love and ready to welcome a new baby into our home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a wonderful plan for you!!! Glad I have found your blog!

Jeni said...

Oh I am just so excited for you and your new adventure.
You are so right. We never know what life has in store for us and that is the beauty (and sometimes hardships) of life. It's amazing to me how we survive.

Steph said...

I already told you how I excited I am for you, but I just wanted to say it again. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU. What an awesome experience for you and your family to have. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you in this new endeavor.

allieB said...

Rachel that is wonderful! I am happy to hear it! I dont think i tell you enouph that i look up to you more than you will ever know. You have delt with some things that even 1000 people or more have never even dreamed of, and look at how strong you and your family is!!! I love you so much and am proud to be your sister! I hope that one day i can be half as strong as you.

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

hey rachel, keri just showed me your blog, and i am glad to finally get in touch with you again. i am sorry to hear about your loss, and your hardships you face in your life. i am also happy to hear you decided to adopt a child, especially an african american boy, they need good homes with good role models. i am married to an african american, so if you have any questions culture wise, i am here for you. we have two beautiful children a boy and a girl, 2 and 1 year old. come visit us at www.witchers.blogspot.com sometime.
hope to hear from you soon.
naomi aka sister gotze