Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Emma's story part 1

Ok, so this is such a long and amazing story that due to my lack of time at the moment, I am going to write about it in parts.
I don't know how many of our experiences I should share due to the spiritual nature of them but I'll play it by ear...
Those of you who have read my blog know that on March 29, 2008, baby Isaac was born and died leaving a giant hole in our hearts and empty arms. The miracle of it is how the Spirit fills up that hole and helps me go on. In June, I was sitting in Sacrament meeting on fast sunday and there was a lull and I kind of tuned out for a bit. Then all of the sudden as clear as day, I saw two little black babies in my mind. I can't really explain how I SAW them without seeing them with my eyes. But, it made a shocking impression on me and I turned to Jeff and with a look up disbelief told him to remind me to tell him what had just happened to me after the meeting. So when we got to the car, I told him that I think we have two little black babies waiting to come to our family. His reaction was something like, Uh.....no. I didn't even know what MY reaction to this experience was so I just let it go and didn't really talk about it again. I mean, Isaac had just died like two months before. And I was aware that the grieving process takes all kinds of forms and wanting to adopt is one of them. I came to somewhat of a decision to wait and see if this was some out of the ordinary grief thing. To be continued.....

6 comments:

Jodi said...

You can't stop right there!!!! What an exciting story!! Can't wait to hear the rest and all the details!!!!

Angela said...

Even though I know the story..I never tire of hearing it. I wish I were as close to the spirit as you are to receive these experiences to help direct my life. I can't be blogging, I need to get ready for Emma's shower today. Can't wait to hold her again! mmmm -sniff- she smelled so good. yummy baby smell.

Aleesha said...

I'm anxious for the rest. I got to your shower in the middle of your story so I never got to hear the first part of how you got Emma Mae. I'm on pins and needles.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! She is truly beautiful and what a blessing! I have an Emma Jae! So special, I can't wait to hear more! It's been a long time but I am so glad I found your blog and to hear of the wonderful news!

JADE said...

I'm so excited for you and your family. I wanted to take Emma home with me when I came and saw you. I can't wait to hear the rest of your story. Here is my blog info.
Love Jade

amy said...

You can't stop there!!!! I want to hear more. I hope all is going well with beautiful Emma